Jesus; The Spanner in the Pharisaic Works – 09-Aug-2020
Speaker – Richard Wolf
Reading – Mark 2:1-12 & 3:1-6
- How much did the paralysed man and his friends understand about
Jesus and how he was? How can they have faith?
- The teachers of the law saw the same things that the paralysed man
and friends did and had the benefit of deep familiarity with scripture.
Why didn’t they have faith?
- What does that tell us about the relationship between faith and
- Have you ever felt “let-down” by God when you got an answer to
prayer that you didn’t want? Does knowing that you have assurance of
forgiveness feel like a consolation prize?
- The Pharisees ultimately found themselves in moral compromise when
they conspired with the Herodians to kill Jesus. Where might we be
tempted to moral compromise in order to secure our own status or
- Have you seen God work in “novel” or “unconventional” ways?