You Can’t Please Everyone, So Know Who You Are – 23-Aug-2020
Speaker – Jenny Casey
Reading – Mark 4:35-41
- What questions or comments do you have about this passages
that you would like to share with the group? What
encourages or challenges you in this passage?
- How did the disciples react to this storm? And what did many
of them do for a living?
- Why do you think the disciples wake Jesus up? Did they want
Him to calm the storm or to take cover?
- Why are the disciples still “terrified” even after Jesus calms
- Jesus doesn’t promise a life without storms, but He does
promise to be with us in the middle of the storms. Why is it so
tough to rely on God when we face tough times?
- What promises of God do you hold onto during the storms of
- How can you help a Christian who is questioning the Lord’s
care and concern, like the disciples in verse 38?
POINT TO PONDER
What does this passage teach us about what it means to put our
faith in Jesus?